[Mesa-dev] i965: emit() functions again

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sun Aug 28 21:45:14 PDT 2011

Ken didn't like how I was handling new instruction generation for the
array stuff, and it convinced me to try a cleanup I had been thinking
about.  I think this ended up nicer than before.

I don't like the extra set of parens per emit() line (back to how the
FS used to be, where I mis-balanced parens pretty regularly), but that
doesn't seem really avoidable in this change while not always emitting
to the end.  The reordering didn't really bother me, though.

Not all instructions are converted.  For example, ENDIF, ELSE, DO,
WHILE, each of which are used once and take no operands, so they don't
seem worth it.  Also, SEL can be either predicated or have embedded
comparison, and I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it, after
CMP worked out so well.