[Mesa-dev] DRI2 pixmap swapping

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:44:30 PST 2011

Hi,

So GLX has a rule about not swapping pixmaps, and I've been trying to
track down why with DRI2 my driver gets requests for swapping pixmaps
(piglit glx-swap-pixmap test).

So it appears in the DRI2 buffer swap case, we bypass the GLX protocol
and use the DRI2SwapBuffers protocol, now nowhere on the X server
checks that the swap is for a Window and not a pixmap, so it happily
ends up calling into my driver and executing a page flip and messing
up my screen. So the question is whether

So is DRI2 pixmap swapping is something someone thought should be
legal despite GLX or is it just an oversight? if so trivial patch is
attached.

Dave.