[Mesa-dev] DRI2 pixmap swapping

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:40:17 PST 2011

> I have a feeling, since dri2 is not strictly restricted to GLX, whether this
> should really be
> implemented in the glx code before calling into dri2? Otoh that would mean
> the server side
> would need to be able to handle the case anyway.

The problem is that GLX doesn't get a chance, since the only place GLX
knows whether the drawable is window or pixmap is in the server, and
DRI2 protocol bypasses GLX to do this.

So I'm not really sure how we can block that.

GLX does handle it correctly for the indirect case.

I suspect we want this + a DRI2 extension to disable it for other
non-GLX use cases maybe.

Dave.