[Mesa-dev] DRI2 pixmap swapping

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:43:12 PST 2011

2011/12/7 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>:
> On Mit, 2011-12-07 at 09:20 +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

>> > The client-side GLX code currently can't tell apart pixmaps from
>> > windows, but is there no way it could?
>
> No answer?

This requires reading of code.

> Wrong for GLX, not obviously for DRI2.

Thats why I mentioned we could just do a DRI2 extension for non-GLX
DRI2, since DRI2 was originally meant for GLX use cases.

>> I don't care about broken GLX clients, I just care about making
>> non-broken ones work okay.
>
> Note that I'm referring to libGL. It just makes no sense for it to even
> call DRI2SwapBuffers in this case.

Indeed, but fixing it without invasive protocol work may be messy, but
I'm not really a GLX or DRI2 expert and its hard to fathom the
intentions of DRI2 original authors wrt this GLX case.

Dave.