[Mesa-dev] shaders for g3dvl compositor (was vdpau: Handle destination rectangles correctly)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Mon Dec 12 08:12:33 PST 2011

Hi Maarten,

On 12.12.2011 13:25, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> The problem is destination rectangle can be different for video and
> subpictures, this breaks mplayer OSD if you handle it incorrectly.
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/doxygen/html/group___vdp_video_mixer.html#ga62bf3bf8c5f01322a03b07065c5ea3db
> has info on how it works. destination video rectangle is relative to
> target image, not source.
Yeah, but that is what the destination rectangle in the render call is
good for. So you actually don't need to change anything here you just
need to another parameter and everything starts to work fine.

> Get mplayer to play any video fullscreen with -vo vdpau, if things work correctly black borders should appear when aspect ratio of fullscreen doesn't match aspect ratio of video. The onscreen display should also be centered and scaled to the entire screen.
Ah, well I see the problem now. Let's split the discussion here a bit.
and I'm also CCing Andy, Younes and the mailing list.

Please take a look at the attached patches, they should fix the
mentioned problems, but without breaking XvMC or anything else (at least
I hope so).

@Andy: Could you please confirm that they are also working? (They should
apply ontop of current master).

Thanks,