[Mesa-dev] shaders for g3dvl compositor (was vdpau: Handle destination rectangles correctly)

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Dec 14 05:38:01 PST 2011

Hi Andy,

On 12.12.2011 19:15, Andy Furniss wrote:
> Christian König wrote:
>
>> @Andy: Could you please confirm that they are also working? (They should
>> apply ontop of current master).
>
> Yes - they are working OK for me.
Ok, so I committed them just a couple of minutes ago.

> One thing I noticed while messing with mplayer subs/OSD is that vdpau
> in full screen positions them relative to the screen rather than the
> active picture, so they can appear over the black bars. This is the
> same with the previous patches, and also -vo gl does this.
>
> Xvmc, xv and x11 all keep them in the active picture area - I don't
> know which, if any, is considered right or wrong behavior.

For XvMC that is a limitation of the API, since the XvMCBlendSubpicture
and XvMCBlendSubpicture2 blend the subs/OSD into a surface and not into
the target drawable you can't specify any position outside of the active
video area (ok you can do that since the x/y positions are signed, but I
won't rely on that this is working correctly).

I'm not sure about Xv and X11 output, but it at least looks like VDPAU
and OpenGL is more advanced here and that this behavior should be preferred.

Christian.