[Mesa-dev] GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB support

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:39:15 PST 2011

So I've been looking at the GLX support and getting DRI/GLX support
for this running.

Just not sure how best to get it merged.

http://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/framebuffer_srgb/

the first patch is one to glproto adding the token to glxtokens.h

then there is some mesa hacks which add the DRI support also to dri_interface.h,
along with adding a new boolean to the driCreateConfigs which the
driver can ask for the attrib to be set
(plan is to set it for 888 and 8888 formats as per the suggestions in
the EXT_framebuffer_sRGB spec).

then there is an X server patch which adds the GLX/DRI support,
however it needs the DRI_ATTRIB defines from the mesa patch.

Just wondering if we have a best practice for merging something like
this, I haven't even really gotten to the driver side yet, just trying
to get GLX/DRI framework in place first.

Dave.