[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Solution to libGL.so and libGLES*.so mess

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Sun Jan 16 05:25:49 PST 2011

The diagram looks sensible to me FWIW.

But I'd like to point out though that spite the emergence of pipe_xxx.so and st_xxx.so dynamic drivers, the Gallium interface should remain a private interface of Mesa project. There is a lot of catching up necessary to support newer GL extensions and other Khronos APIs, so gallium interface will continue to evolve in the foreseeable future.  Applications, toolkits, etc, should target GL/VG/CL/etc, for which there is a well established ABI defined.

Jose