[Mesa-dev] WebGL test suite, and whitelisting drivers / OpenGL implementations in Firefox

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:00:15 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Results: (5231 of 5344 passed, 3 timed out)
>
> This was with the latest Intel mesa driver on an Ironlake laptop.
>
> However I got a random crash on a previous run, I'm guessing if we can
> figure out the misc crasher we'd be in a lot better place.

I already started working on this. (A friend just got hired by Moz and
I owe him one.)

Basic analysis: The crash is in the Mesa-side DRI2 handler for
flushing the frontbuffer. There's a segfault of very weird
composition. The BT (which I can get if needed) goes back to
glXMakeCurrent, and it looks like glXMakeCurrent is unbinding the
current context, which is calling the DRI2 unbind callbacks, which
calls frontbuffer flush, but part of the DRI2 context is screwy and we
get a segfault.

There's a couple problems though. The frontbuffer flush usually isn't
fatal; it only kills us about one in five times. Sometimes it dies on
the very first test, sometimes it dies halfway through the suite.
There's no rhyme or reason to it.

If you've got any ideas, I'm open to them. I bugged Kristian and he had no idea.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>