[Mesa-dev] mesa draw-instance topic v. point-only rendering in VTK tests

Brian Paul brian.e.paul at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:18:52 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> One of your changes in commit range 21001d2b..652901e9 causes one of
> the VTK tests to render an empty image:
>
>  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=79911707&build=826979
>
> I think a63486ac is the first commit that exhibits the behavior.

Have you tried reversing that change?

Perhaps prim[i].num_instances is zero.  Could you try debugging that?
Maybe add an assertion that prim[i].num_instances > 0 then check the
stack trace if it fails.

In the mean time, I'll look at the vbo module and check that that
field is getting set everywhere it should.

> This particular test renders only *points* with no other geometry.
> Tests that render lines and polys do not fail.
>
> Please take a look when you can and let me know if you need more
> information.

-Brian