[Mesa-dev] WebGL test suite, and whitelisting drivers / OpenGL implementations in Firefox

Brian Paul brian.e.paul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:06:37 PST 2011

It looks like a number of failures are happening because WebGL is
assuming GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility support in the OpenGL driver when
the extension isn't actually present.  Mesa generates an error and the
test fails.

For example, WebGL is calling
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS) and Mesa is generating
GL_INVALID_ENUM.  The gl-get-calls test is marked as failing.

If GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility is a hard requirement for WebGL, there
should be a check for it.  Do you know what the story is here?

I haven't dug into many of the failures, but a lot of GL errors are
being generated by Mesa because of invalid indexes when trying to
set/query GLSL uniforms, etc.  That seems suspicious too.

Eric Anholt has started adding support for GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility in
Mesa but it's not enabled for many drivers yet.  I could work on
enabling it for the swrast and gallium drivers.

-Brian