[Mesa-dev] Mesa (master): mesa: fix compilation

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Wed Jan 26 19:16:29 PST 2011

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 21:49:56 Chad Versace wrote:
> What I wrote *isn't* C++. It's valid C99. It compiles without problem
> with both GCC 4.5 and Clang 2.8 on Fedora14.
>
> What compiler are you using? And why can't it handle a C dialect over a
> decade old?

It doesn't matter which compiler I use because we explicetly make sure that
this particular feature is off (you can always grep for -Werror=declaration-
after-statemant to double-check). Both make and scons builds do that and those
are the only build systems we use. You can use either one to verify. For
better or worse we use compile flags that give us straight out of the box
portability across platforms (in particular windows) and while it might change
soon for now it is the way it is.

> My patches frequently break VMWare's builds, and a VMWare member "fixes"
> my patches every time. I want to find a permanent fix for this.

Yes, that'd be good.