[Mesa-dev] glsl: Improvements to lower_jumps.cpp

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Jul 6 18:33:07 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 12:18:18PM -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> This is an area that I've been thinking about lately.  I noticed that
> XCB uses a framework called check (http://check.sourceforge.net/), and
> I've been wanting to talk to Jamey and Josh about their experience with
> it, but I never seem to get around to it.  Maybe now is the right time. :)

OK. :-) I picked check after a brief survey of the available open-source
unit testing tools for C, and at the time I believe my experience with
unit testing was limited to a bit of JUnit. According to the commit
history, this was in 2004. It turned out that XCB is difficult to unit
test, so its use of check is pretty minimal, and I haven't touched it in
some time.

As I recall, check is pretty reasonable as a minimal unit testing
framework. It doesn't do too much but it does what it does well.

I'd suggest comparing with the test harness that's in the xserver tree
these days, and of course cairo's amazing test suite.

Jamey