[Mesa-dev] About merging pipe-video to master

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Tue Jul 12 04:59:35 PDT 2011

Hi,

> >as the subject already indicates: I'm about to merge pipe-video to
> >master and just wanted to ask if anybody has still any objections?
> >

> Yes [I am a watchman of compile/build errors (I know I am an old bitcher but code quality rules)]:
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=x86_64&package=Mesa&project=home%3Ajobermayr%3Atest&repository=openSUSE_11.4
>
> Please merge things only when all new introduced things/switches compile/build successfully.
I've fixed up the vaapi code so that it at least build correctly again.

I don't really know what to do with this state tracker, one the one hand
I don't want to support another video api (VDPAU seems pretty well
designed to come by with everything you need), on the other hand it
implements at least a skeleton api (to complete the state tracker
somebody will just need to step up and implement everything in between
the api and the driver), so I don't want to remove it either.

Regards,
Christian.