[Mesa-dev] Merging glsl-to-tgsi to master

Bryan Cain bryancain3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:44:45 PDT 2011

On 07/11/2011 11:53 AM, Egon Ashrafinia wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> 1 month ago, we talked about merging glsl-to-tgsi to master but it
> still not happend. What about now? I could compile and test it a bit.
> It works.
> Anyone who could do it? What does Bryan Cain say about it?

Hi Egon,

Last month, I was trying to get it merged before the 7.11 merge window
closed.  When that didn't happen, I decided to stop being in a hurry and
instead make some more improvements before trying again to get it merged
to master.  Also, Brian Paul pointed out an issue that I hadn't noticed
before where st/mesa needed the current fragment shader to be in Mesa IR
form for glBitmap, glDrawPixels, and glCopyPixels to work correctly.

All of that is done now, as I finished the glBitmap path on Sunday and
the DrawPixels/CopyPixels path on Saturday.  So now I need to fix a few
minor things like commit messages and one case where the old path
generates better code than glsl_to_tgsi.  The merge might also be
delayed a bit further if it's decided that it should wait until after
7.11 is released, as Ian's reply suggested.

Bryan