[Mesa-dev] leak of gem_objects on intel i965

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 04:36:56 PDT 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:05:56 +0200, Lampersperger Andreas <lampersperger.andreas at heidenhain.de> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> I have modified the simple.c from the gtkglext examples. Just replace in gtkglext-1.2.0/examples the original simple.c with the attached version.

Builds fine. I see a flashing quadric (every other frame, the gtkglarea
appears unrealized) and watching /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_gem_objects,
the number of bo remains static. I think the most likely suspect is
i915.ko. Over the years we've had a number of gem leaks mostly associated
with vma references and I'm pretty sure that they have not all been
backported to 2.6.33
-Chris