[Mesa-dev] rgtc signed format and u_format: some open questions

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:29:43 PST 2011

Hi guys,

Two open questions with the RGTC support in gallium:

a) I'd like to share texcompress_rgtc_tmp.h between gallium and mesa,
at the moment gallium has an extended
../../../mesa/main/texcompress_rgtc_tmp.h in it,
do we have a better place to put this file? any suggestions on where
things like this could live?

b) mipmap generation in the state tracker was done with r8g8b8a8 unorm
types, however I need snorm handling to generate mipmaps for the snorm
types,
however u_format only has two set of hooks unorm or float, so I added
float support to generate mipmaps. That leaves me with some blank
functions in the
u_format_rgtc.c file, should I fix u_format generation to not generate
unorm support for snorm types? also in u_format.csv nothing specifies
that rgtc types are
signed/unsigned except for the format name, any ideas on where I could
stash this without breaking other assumptions?

Dave.