[Mesa-dev] Problem building current git with osmesa and no gallium

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Thu Mar 10 19:30:24 PST 2011

Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org> writes:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2011 01:17:04 PM Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > While at it (sorry for newbie questions), do I need gallium (maybe
> > swrast) when I want only osmesa rendering into a software buffer ?
> I don't think OSMesa requires Gallium, but I've never used it.

Kenneth's correct.  We build OSMesa all the time without gallium.  In
this case OSMesa uses the swrast driver/backend/whatnot.  The 'xlib'
driver also uses this backend.

I believe there is a way to build both of these on top of softpipe --
the software/reference gallium implementation -- but my project hasn't
jumped on that boat yet.  Someday.