[Mesa-dev] Truncated extensions string

José Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Fri Mar 11 02:33:13 PST 2011

The problem from

http://www.mail-archive.com/mesa3d-dev@lists.sourceforge.net/msg12493.html

is back, and now a bit worse -- it causes Quake3 arena demo to crash (at
least the windows version). The full version works fine. I'm not sure
what other applications are hit by this. See the above thread for more
background.

There are two major approaches:

1) sort extensions chronologically instead of alphabetically. See
attached patch for that

  - for those who prefer to see extensions sorted alphabetically in
glxinfo, we could modify glxinfo to sort then before displaying

2) detect broken applications (i.e., by process name), and only sort
extensions strings chronologically then

Personally I think that varying behavior based on process name is a ugly
and brittle hack, so I'd prefer 1), but I just want to put this on my
back above all, so whatever works is also fine by me.

Jose