[Mesa-dev] [r600g + s3tc] bug or missing kernel piece of software ?

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Mon Mar 14 04:59:37 PDT 2011

Benjamin BELLEC wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have compiled the last Mesa code (and libtxc_dxtn from Marek Olšák's
> branch) in order to test the S3TC support recently pushed in r600g.
> In his commit
> (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?id=8e0437914bb786d0b05be8f95e4ff37bf5a19f44),
> Dave Airlie says "Still requires R600_ENABLE_S3TC until the kernel fixes
> are in, this has only been tested on evergreen where the kernel doesn't
> yet get in the way."
>
> My GPU is a RV770 (Radeon 4850) and I have some mitigated results within
> Enemy Territory Quake Wars, so should I file a bug or wait for a kernel
> piece of software ? And if so which one ? (I'm currently on 2.6.38-rc8).

I was going to file a bug for etqw - I use d-r-t kernel so assume all is
there. So file if you want (mesa - drivers - gallium r600) and I'll add
to it.

The game roughly works for me, but sections of the ground become
corrupted as I move around.

I also get 1/2 second stalls occasionally.

It's the same for me on RV670 and RV790.