[Mesa-dev] News about my GSoC proposal

Denis Steckelmacher steckdenis at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 20 10:52:42 PDT 2011

Hello,

One week has passed since my last mail, talking about an OpenGL 4.1 Core state
tracker. There has been great interest and many remarks, so thanks to you all.

I write this mail to give some more information about my future proposal, and
to say that I have not disappeared and that I'm already working. I'm currently
browsing the whole Mesa code, not only Gallium, and even EGL and GLX code. The
project of replacing Mesa IR with GLSL IR seems to be really interesting, and
it seems I will apply to do that (plus some other things if I have time to do
so, but I doubt it, as Mesa IR is really heavily used in Mesa and the Mesa
state tracker).

I'm also reading the code to have a more precise idea about the amount of work
needed to make a simple OpenGL 3+ Core state tracker, as an experiment during
the following months, before the Summer of Code. This way, I will be able to
see if it's possible and interresting.

So, thanks a lot for your replies to my previous mails, I now know what you
want and I find that interesting.