[Mesa-dev] GSoC : OpenCL over Gallium3D

Radu Benea kitanatahu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:32:32 PDT 2011

Hello,

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure I know much about how OpenCL is supposed
to work, but I know that shaders are supposed to be doing math on vectors and
multidimensional matrices, so my guess would be you'd have to find a way to
translate OpenCL code into shader code, than compile and use it. In other
words I think your idea about using a render buffer and shaders is the right
path to go.
At any rate I hope you get some expert opinions about this. Good luck!