[Mesa-dev] Sandy Bridge heisenbug

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 15:20:01 PDT 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:08:05 -0500, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, that patch appears to already be in the latest Fedora
> kernel, kernel-2.6.38.2-9.fc15.x86_64, and I still get the hangs with
> the latest Mesa packages.  (No hangs with 7.10, though.)

Bah, foiled again.

You can try 'echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_wedged'
to grab an i915_error_state. It may or may not actually wedge the
machine. Caveat tester.

However, if you are reasonably confident that a change in mesa provokes
the issue, you can bisect the commit in question. That may give another
clue as to where to look next.
-Chris