[Mesa-dev] Problem building current git with osmesa and no gallium

Matthew Cattell mcattell at spamarrest.com
Tue Nov 15 20:08:53 PST 2011

Brian Paul <brianp <at> vmware.com> writes:

> On 03/10/2011 08:30 PM, tom fogal wrote:
> > Kenneth Graunke<kenneth <at> whitecape.org>  writes:
> >>
> >> I don't think OSMesa requires Gallium, but I've never used it.
> >
> > Kenneth's correct.  We build OSMesa all the time without gallium.  In
> > this case OSMesa uses the swrast driver/backend/whatnot.  The 'xlib'
> > driver also uses this backend.
> >
> > I believe there is a way to build both of these on top of softpipe --
> > the software/reference gallium implementation -- but my project hasn't
> > jumped on that boat yet.  Someday.
>
> OSMesa doesn't work with gallium yet.  I'd like to do that sometime
> though.  llvmpipe would be much faster than swrast in many cases.
>
> -Brian

Hi,

I've been trying to build mesa with the following combination:
osmesa
llvm
egl
gles2
(with and without --with-drivers=fbdev,wayland)

I am puzzled about the terminology but when I got my build to succeed, using a
sha1 from 14th July 2011, I tried testing it and found that eglInitialize was
failing. This was apparently because it couldn't find the display. I am using
and X-less environment and want to render directly to fb0 or to some shared
memory, hence the inclusion of osmesa.

Am I on the right track here? The combinations of autoconf options seem to
change a lot and I can't find much in the way of documentation to see which
combinations and options are valid and correct for the particular sha1 I'm
using.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Best Regards,

Matthew Cattell