[Mesa-dev] Help for a beginner

Romain Failliot romain.failliot at foolstep.com
Thu Oct 13 11:46:40 PDT 2011

For my problem with the nouveau driver burning up my card, I'll take
the simplest solution: get an ATI card (nVidia should have opened up
their specs!).

2011/9/27 Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net>:
> I'd definitely recommend working on a texturing format extension for
> your hardware as a great way to get started in Mesa.

In the meantime, I'll get my hands into the code...
Apparently the only texture format left is GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui.
I tried to get into the code, to see somewhere to start, but the code
doesn't really speak to me at the time... Can you give me some advices
to begin to code this feature?

Thanks!