[Mesa-dev] Fixed function fragment shader to GLSL

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Tue Oct 18 12:41:07 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 11:39 AM, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> [...]

We can't stall this forever...it's critical for our future work.

You had two weeks to comment (10/06 to 10/18); that should have been
plenty of time.  Not to mention the fact that this was originally
proposed clear back in January...this should come as no surprise.

Also, the issues you raised 9 months ago about code generation most
likely no longer apply: Gallium now uses Bryan Cain's new
st_glsl_to_tgsi translator, which includes its own optimization passes.
 At any rate, a new investigation is needed.

I'm strongly opposed to reverting this again, especially for unbounded
amounts of time like before.  This is the future.  If there are
remaining issues, let's just go ahead and fix them...