[Mesa-dev] State tracker pipe_surface woes...

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Wed Sep 7 09:43:32 PDT 2011

Am 07.09.2011 02:00, schrieb Stéphane Marchesin:
> 2011/9/6 Roland Scheidegger <sroland at vmware.com>:

Well adjusting the ctx pointer seems like a hack, if the struct isn't
supposed to be shared in the first place.
That said I'm not really sure why pipe_sampler_view and pipe_surface
actually have a context pointer in them, since they are only supposed to
be used with the context in which they were created I think those
shouldn't actually exist - surface_destroy and sampler_view_destroy will
have context as a parameter, and if they aren't shared between contexts
it's pointless to store the context pointer. Might be a relic from when
those structs were created/destroyed using screen functions...

Roland