[Mesa-dev] State tracker pipe_surface woes...

Roland Scheidegger sroland at vmware.com
Wed Sep 7 09:51:03 PDT 2011

Am 07.09.2011 07:33, schrieb Stéphane Marchesin:
> 2011/9/2 Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com>:

Short answer, you don't. Why do you need to?
A pipe_surface is conceptually really just a means to supply the
parameters to be used for rendering to a (color or depth) rendertarget.
So you specify which level, layer(s) etc. of a resource will be used.
That's all, analogous to pipe_sampler_view which does the same for
texture sampling from a resource.

Roland