[Mesa-dev] gallium scaled types

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 02:11:34 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

not really finding a great explaination in my 2 minute search, of what
the USCALED and SSCALED types are representative of

On r600 hw at least we have a SCALED type, which seems to be an
integer in float point format, as well as an INT type which is natural
integers.

Are the gallium scaled types meant to be the first or the second, and
would anyone object to renaming them to UINT/SINT if the latter is the
case,
if its the former, then we need to add a whole set of new UINT/SINT types.

At least the stencil types should be renamed to UINT since they are
always native integers.

Dave.