[Mesa-dev] gallium scaled types

Christoph Bumiller e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 12 10:05:13 PDT 2011

On 12.09.2011 18:41, Jose Fonseca wrote:

> [...]

No. If you declare a shader input as float and you use
VertexAttribIPointer, you do NOT get a float, even if the shader expects
it.

The vertex format describes a property of the vertex fetch stage (input
assembler) and determines how data is brought from a vertex buffer into
vertex attribute memory / cache; what the shader does with the data is
completely unrelated.