[Mesa-dev] UBO support

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Fri Sep 23 13:42:37 PDT 2011

On 09/23/2011 07:53 AM, vlj wrote:
> This set of patches add partial support for Uniform Buffer Object (UBO) in mesa.
> This is still Work In Progress so the last 3 patches are not complete yet, and support from the driver is not done yet. The first 6 patches however can be reviewed.
>
> I did not implement UBO "inside shader name" and array of UBO, because they are said to be deferred for another extension.
> Bison file should not yield reduce/map or reduce/reduce conflict.
>
> The spec about UBO is here :
> http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/uniform_buffer_object.txt

Thanks for tackling this.

I took a quick look over your code.  The first thing that needs to be
fixed is formatting, naming conventions and coding conventions.  It's
important to me that new code looks consistent with neighboring code.
  My comments in subsequent patches are all along those lines.  Please
take a little time to look at the code in the files that you're
touching to understand the style.

The guys working on GLSL support should take a look too.  It may be
premature to add this feature if it doesn't fit in with their work.

-Brian