[Mesa-dev] WebGL WG interested in 1.0.1 conformance test results on real drivers

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue Apr 17 12:41:21 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Is it possible to run just a subtest?  It would be nice to apitrace
> what's going on in this testcase, but if I run the whole test I won't
> be
> able to find where the failure was in the trace.

apitrace/scripts/retracediff.py allows to run against a software renderer, and quickly spot what call the rendering diverges, but given that all available software renderers are based from Mesa, odds are many bugs will appear on both, so not that useful.

One of these day's I'll add SSH support to retracediff.py, so that one can eaily compare the rendering against a remote machine (running, e.g., NVIDIA OpenGL), or even a different OS. Of course, this only works if both implementations support the functionality recorded in the trace.

Jose