[Mesa-dev] gallium-userbuf branch (was: Re: [PATCH 3/9] st/mesa: make user index buffers optional)
maraeo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:38:17 PDT 2012
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
> Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with this series. It seems a nice cleanup/speedup.
> Brian's OOTO till Monday, so allow more time for him to comment.
> Also, once you updated the series, please provide it in a clonable git branch for testing.
I pushed the branch in the main Mesa repository. r600g, softpipe and
llvmpipe should work without regressions. I'll test r300g later.
- st/mesa optionally uploads index and constant buffers
- set_constant_buffer has been updated to support the BindBufferRange
functionality (for UBOs)
- a plain pointer to a user buffer has been added into
pipe_vertex_buffer, pipe_index_buffer, and new pipe_constant_buffer,
deprecating the user_buffer_create function; this results in a small
speed-up in some CPU-bound apps.
- all state trackers have been adapted not to use user_buffer_create
(except for graw tests)
FYI, these are the new commits which are follow-ups to the series sent
to mesa-dev earlier:
- st/mesa: remove more unnecessary code in draw_vbo
- st/mesa: reorder code in draw_vbo
- gallium: add void *user_buffer to pipe_constant_buffer
- radeonsi: don't create temporary user buffer for r600_upload_const_buffer
- gallium: remove pipe_resource::user_ptr
- gallium/util: stop using user buffers in util_draw_texquad
- st/xorg: fix compilation - wrong libkms include file
- cso: cso_context should install u_vbuf by itself and not st/mesa
- st/vega: use cso_draw_arrays
- st/vega: don't use user_buffer_create
- st/xa: don't use user_buffer_create
- st/xorg: don't use user_buffer_create
Feel free to review and test.
More information about the mesa-dev