[Mesa-dev] R600 VDPAU 422 regression since r600g: make sure copying of all texture formats is accelerated

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Aug 7 16:04:50 PDT 2012

Marek Olšák wrote:
> Do you have any idea what could be wrong with the patch? Also could
> please tell me how to setup VDPAU and where to download the tests, so
> that I can test this.

I don't know about the patch.

One thing which may be a clue or a red herring is that when Christian
first implemented 422 it was corrupt in the same way. He said he thought
it was to do with tiling - and fixed it in (IIRC) ~deathsimple/mesa

I run LFS so to get VDPAU I installed the lib from -

git://people.freedesktop.org/~aplattner/libvdpau

mplayer built from svn should find the lib and enable vdpau during
configure.

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer

I guess

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.1.tar.xz

will also work if you don't want to do svn.

For me -vo vdpau is the default output with mplayer - You may need to be
explicit I guess if you already have some distro version with a config
installed.

This issue is just with -vo vdpau not decode (-vc ffmpeg12vdpau) as 422
isn't implemented for decode anyway.

When I autogen mesa I have --enable-gallium-g3dvl

The sample I am using is from

ftp://ftp.tek.com/tv/test/streams/Element/MPEG-Video/625/

The ones ending 400 are 422 the others are 420. The exact file is

ftp://ftp.tek.com/tv/test/streams/Element/MPEG-Video/625/flwr_400.m2v