[Mesa-dev] Upcoming Mesa releases

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 07:26:57 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:01 AM, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> After the big announcement at SIGGRAPH, I want to discuss plans for upcoming
> Mesa releases.  This is basically inline with what we discussed a few months
> ago, but there are a couple changes.  I know a lot of people have been doing
> a lot of work all across the graphics stack, so I want to make sure that all
> of the work that's almost ready to land has a chance.
>
> I mostly want to know if the plans for the next couple months work for
> people.  Anything beyond that is just my best guess of how things will go.
>
> 8/17: Release Mesa 8.0.5.  I'll send out another pick-list on Friday or
> Saturday, and pick things over on Monday or Tuesday.
>
> 8/20: Make a Mesa 9.0 stablization branch.  It looks like the few dangling
> bits of OpenGL 3.1 will get wrapped up pretty quick.  I'm confident that we
> can at least enable 3.1 on the hardware where we currently enable 3.0.

I'd like to finish MSAA support for more R600 chipsets for Mesa 9.0
(we only support Evergreen at the moment), but I will need a couple
more days. Could we please postpone making the 9.0 branch until 8/27?
If not, I'd like to cherry-pick my not-yet-published MSAA work to the
9.0 branch once it's working.

Marek