[Mesa-dev] [RFC patch 2/2] Build libgallium shared

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Aug 22 07:32:15 PDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 04:21 AM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> And build gallium shared :)
>
> TODO: it seems ugly that all xvmc/vdpau/va drivers specify libgallium.a/so
> directly, maybe it is better to move it out from there?

The problem with a separate libgallium.so is it's yet another
component that has to be kept in sync with the drivers and another
thing that can go wrong if someone isn't careful about installing
things.  There's no versioning of the library either.

I guess it's OK though as long as it's off by default.

Does anyone else have an opinion about this?

-Brian