[Mesa-dev] Build fails at hash_table.c

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 10 07:29:31 PST 2012

On 12/10/2012 09:33 AM, Marek Olšák wrote:
> Type "git clean -fdX" before building Mesa.

Sometimes I hate git.

"make clean
 git reset --hard
 git clean -fd
 git pull origin"

isn't enough because if the file was in .gitignore and not cleaned by
"make clean", then git clean ignored it.

I used to use "make realclean" from the old Makefile days but that's gone.

I just tried "make distclean ; git clean -ndX", and of course that
listed files that are there for configure.

> And welcome to Mesa's build system, which never really works as expected.

I build from git every night just so that there will be a better chance
of things working when I want the release version.