[Mesa-dev] Quick EGL questions

Benjamin Franzke benjaminfranzke at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:18:02 PST 2012

2012/2/9 Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com>:
> Hi!
>
> I have a couple of quick EGL questions that I hope someone knows the answer
> to:
>
> 1) I'm trying to test the vmwgfx_dri driver with EGL driver egl_dri2,
> platform drm, but it doesn't seem like this
> configuration supports EGL_MESA_screen_surface so basically all relevant EGL
> demos fail. Is this the case, or
> is it more likely that we are missing something in the vmwgfx driver?

Yes, egl_dri2 intentionally doesnt support EGL_MESA_screen_surface.
The plan was to deprecate (and later remove) that one,
and it replace with an egl surface type for gbm.

There are already patches for this on the wayland devel list:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2012-January/001856.html

In the meantime you may want to get src/egl/opengl/eglkms.c working.

> 2) Why is --enable-shared-glapi needed with the drm EGL platform?

The gbm dri backend and egl_dri2 code both use a dri_screen, and share that.
When gbm_dri loads a dri driver, those require some _glapi_* symbols.
In a non-shared-glapi configuration they are either in libGL, libGLESv2, etc
But we cant link gbm against any of those, since the application
should choose which one to link to, thats why we need to link against
the shared glapi.