[Mesa-dev] about driconf and experimental flags

Alexandre Demers alexandre.f.demers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:35:17 PST 2012

Simple question: is there a reason why many options and features under
development or testing are only available by manually setting env
variables? The point is, why isn't there an experimental tab under
driconf where we could easily enable or disable the different features?
Modifying .drirc manually would also be possible.

That way, it would be easier for any enthusiasts or testers to modify
the options. Personally, I like to test the latest mesa, but sometimes I
forget the available variables. It's an idea that I'm sharing with you
and it might have been discussed before.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Demers