[Mesa-dev] Mesa 8.0 branch made.

Jakob Bornecrantz jakob at vmware.com
Wed Jan 11 16:24:54 PST 2012

Hi all

So after much building and testing I finally made the branch. I was planning on doing a rc1 release now as well but it looks like historically we have opened the branch and then made the first rc release a short time after, so I'm holding of on it.

If people want a RC release ASAP I can do that as well, I will probably do one during the weekend anyways.

When cherry picking to this branch please make sure you include a reference back to the master commit. Easiest to do this is with "git cherry-pick -x -e <commit>" which will also let you edit the commit message. As I was hoping to automate the "NOTE: candidate for <branch>" tracking and without the commit sha1 that would be hard.

Thanks to everybody who made Mesa get to GL3.0, now on to bug fixing.

Cheers Jakob.