[Mesa-dev] dd_function_table::Clear()

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Jan 18 09:19:27 PST 2012

On 01/18/2012 09:01 AM, Dee Sharpe wrote:
> While implementing Clear() for a platform, which buffers in GLContext need to be cleared out of the list of:
>
> DrawBuffer
> ReadBuffer
> WinSysDrawBuffer
> WinSysReadBuffer
>
> Or do they all need to be cleared?

Clearing effects "draw" buffers, not "read" buffers.

Unless a user-created FBO is bound, ctx->WinSysDrawBuffer ==
ctx->DrawBuffer.

You need to clear the color buffers attached to ctx->DrawBuffer.  The
number of buffers to clear is ctx->DrawBuffer->_NumColorDrawBuffers
and the indexes/pointers to the renderbuffers is in
_ColorDrawBufferIndexes[] and _ColorDrawBuffers[].

I may actually get rid of the later (redundant) array and just write a
helper function that returns a pointer to a renderbuffer given a
buffer index.

-Brian