[Mesa-dev] Segmentation fault with VTK OffScreenRendering

Joshua Daniel Franklin (UW Seattle) joshuadf at uw.edu
Tue Jan 31 11:55:38 PST 2012

On 1/30/12 12:14 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> The VTK tests have the same pattern of failures with the Fedora 15
> OSMesa package as with the custom built OSMesa library, that is :

Thanks, so it does. Works fine on Fedora 15 and Red Hat EL6 too. FYI,
since I'm very interested in repeatable deployment, I adapted your
script to build using only mesa-libOSMesa-devel and put it here:

http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/vtk/

I also adapted the OffScreenRendering.cxx to java which is here and
tested it:
http://staff.washington.edu/joshuadf/vtk/OffScreenRendering.java

For the Java wrappers I had to use Java 7, for added hilarity "Java
versions 1.5/1.6 throw UnsatisfiedLinkError when run headless"
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6539705

This did effect OpenJDK 1.6.0_22 on Fedora 15.

Thanks again!
Joshua