[Mesa-dev] Mesa llvmpipe for WebGL software rendering

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Mar 1 06:09:23 PST 2012

On Don, 2012-03-01 at 06:05 -0800, Benoit Jacob wrote:

> [...]

Of course, and it looks like the approach you're suggesting in the bug
report you referenced should be fine. I just wanted to make sure you're
aware.

> Notice that WebGL renderers are only a drop in the bucket of what one
> has to do to support "the modern web" on a given architecture. For
> example, Mozilla is not currently supporting PPC in its JavaScript JIT
> compilers.

Yes, I'm painfully aware of that. :}

> If one wanted to support "the modern web" on PPC, supporting
> JavaScript JIT would be a much more important thing to do, before it
> would start making sense to focus on WebGL rendering.

FWIW, WebGL is basically working on PPC.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com