[Mesa-dev] Nuking GL_NV_fragment_program

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sun Oct 14 17:43:00 PDT 2012

This series removes support for the the old NV_fragment_program extension.
No hardware drivers implemented it (only swrast), we aren't aware of any
applications that use it, and we already dropped NV_vertex_program.

You can obtain it in the 'nukefp' branch of:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~kwg/mesa/

(it applies on top of Eric's series to remove NV_vertex_program).

This series does /not/ remove NV_fragment_program_option, which is layered
on top of ARB_fragment_program (attempting to provide the same level of
functionality as NV_fragment_program but in the standard syntax).  I left
it because SPECviewperf11 apparently requires NV_fragment_program2, which
requires NV_fragment_program_option.  swrast remains the only implementation
of that extension.

The later patches are just miscellaneous cleaning in the program code.