[Mesa-dev] Building the xa-vmwgfx target

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:39:36 PDT 2012

I'm converting the remaining static Makefile to automake, so xa and
xa-vmwgfx is on my todo list.

I'm very confused by the build though. It seems that the xa state
tracker is built and linked into a single .o file, which is then
statically linked into xa-vmwgfx. This is reasonably sensible, but
then we also build a libxatracker.so file which is installed to the
system that nothing links to.

Can I switch this to xa-vmwgfx linking to a shared libxatracker.so? Or
perhaps just linking it statically and not installing a libxatracker
file at all. Either of these seem more like the right thing to do, but
not being familiar with this code I thought it better to ask.

Thanks,
Matt