[Mesa-dev] enable ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Wed Aug 21 21:20:15 PDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 08:47 PM, Maxence Le Doré wrote:
> As ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture is word-to-word same as
> AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture and this last already implemented we
> can enable the ARB extension. This patch is a candidate for it :

They're actually a tiny bit different.  From the ARB spec:

2) The original AMD extension disallowed TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_SEAMLESS with
    textures that aren't CUBE_MAP{_ARRAY}. How does this work with sampler
    objects that don't have texture types?

    RESOLVED: Removed the error. State is now stored but ignored for non-
    cube map textures.

However, I think we forgot to implement that error anyway, so there
shouldn't be any work needed.

In your patch, you introduce a new ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture
enable bit.  This is unnecessary - you should just reuse the existing
AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture enable flag, so drivers expose both
extension strings, or neither.

A patch with that minor change would get my Reviewed-by.

Thanks for doing this!