[Mesa-dev] obtain def-use chain in glsl s-expression

Liu Xin liuxin at icubecorp.com
Tue Aug 27 23:34:48 PDT 2013

Hi, Mesa community,

I am not familiar with S-expression or other forms of lisp languages. I
am working on GLSL IR transformation.  for example, i want to change a
variable to a array of same type.

By now , i can find the definition of a variable. How can i update all
uses of this variable in S-expression? I think all uses of this variable
are in the form of ir_dereference_variable. The difficulty is how to
collect d-u chain using hierarchical visitor.  I think some optimizer
authors  must have the same problem. Could you give me a pass which
solved my problem?  so I can take reference.

thanks,
--lx