[Mesa-dev] r600g: status of my work on the shader optimization

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 19 08:39:50 PST 2013

Vadim Girlin wrote:

> Could you please test glxgears and other simple mesa demos? It's easier
> to spot the problems with small apps that don't use a lot of complex
> shaders. If some of them don't work correctly, please send me the dumps
> with "R600_DUMP_SHADERS=2 R600_SB_DUMP=3".

All of the mesa demos work with and without llvm.

> Also it might help if you can
> look for piglit regressions against the piglit results with R600_SB=0
> and send me the dumps for a few regressed tests.

I don't actually have piglit - it was always a pain with cmake to get it
to build on my old 32bit lfs with xorg/mesa installed under home.

I do now have a new 64bit clfs build with everything in normal places -
so maybe I'll give it a go on that - but I don't know how to use it as such.

Even though it's "new" clfs uses gcc 4.6.3 so on there g++ is actually
too old to build your tree - without changing some friends .... to
friends class ...

I don't know when I'll get time to learn piglit but for now here's
working and not nexuiz.

R600_DUMP_SHADERS=2 R600_SB_DUMP=3 nexuiz &> nexuiz-working-dump

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/nexuiz-working-dump

R600_LLVM=0 R600_DUMP_SHADERS=2 R600_SB_DUMP=3 nexuiz &> nexuiz-corrupt-dump

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/nexuiz-corrupt-dump