[Mesa-dev] Khronos Conformance test

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Mon Feb 25 10:51:43 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 02:13:59PM +0000, Alle Mahesh wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have run the Khronos test suite on for OpenGLES2.0. There are few failures in the GL tests because of the difference in the  images generated.
>
> We have found that the images generated using our development board are good in quality rather than the reference images generated. This is the case with acos, asin and sin. We would like to know how the conformance of the OpenGLES2.0 would be decided for the corresponding tests.

Hi Mahesh,

OpenGLES 2.0 defines precision qualifiers (e.g. highp, mediump, lowp)
that specify the desired precision for a floating-point result.
If the images your driver produces are higher quality images than the
reference images, then it's likely that your driver is not handling the
precision qualifier correctly.

-Tom