[Mesa-dev] Setting up fd.o git repo

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Feb 26 07:49:09 PST 2013

On 02/26/2013 07:43 AM, Brian Paul wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 08:34 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
>  > On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Brian Paul<brianp at vmware.com>  wrote:
>
>  >> I've never setup a git repo for my home fdo.o account.  To be
> honest, I'd
>  >> have to do some digging around to figure that out.
>  >
>  > In fact it's a pretty easy process. See
>  > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Infrastructure/git/RepositoryAdmin for
>  > instructions
>
> Thanks, Matt.  Having trouble though.
>
> First, regarding the command:
> git push --force --all ssh://people.freedesktop.org/~username/repo-name
>
> Wouldn't that push all my branches to fd.o?  I don't think I want to do
> that.
>
> Ian also sent me some instructions but they're a little different than
> the wiki.
>
> I think I'm all set on the fd.o side, but on my local machine I'm unable
> to push my new 'remove-mfeatures' branch.
>
> I create a remote with:
> git remote add brianp ssh://people.freedesktop.org/~brianp/mesa.git

I think you may need to do this instead:

git remote add brianp ssh://brianp@people.freedesktop.org/~brianp/mesa.git

You can also edit .git/config to just add the brianp@ to the existing
entry.  There's probably a command line way to do it, but it's quicker
for me to just edit the file than it is to look it up. :)